When on the beach it is essential to avoid looking pebble dashed as though you have become a human sandpaper roller and even more important is to avoid looking like a lobster.
To effectively make yourself beautiful and beach worthy there are a few things to consider.
- Pick up some clothing from Land’s End Clothing which has that chic, rustic coastal feel. The nautical stripes, soft fine knits and hard wearing accessories will make you feel as though you are ready to sail away towards the Isle of Scilly and beyond.
- If only the finest Cornish clothing will do, have a browse at Seasalt clothing and pick a few contemporary outfits that are fit for the beach. The spotted handbags are a similar take on the famed Cath Kidston spot print and they are beautifully made with many having a beach-side theme. Their range of kit bags combines heavy duty natural fabrics with nautical rope and toggles. Simple and beautiful.
- Grab a chilled bottle of Camel Valley wine from the countryside around St Austell and fill a wicker hamper with all manner of goodies such as a cream tea and a traditional pasty to enjoy on a blanket on the sand or on a bench on a stretch of the South West Coast Path. Camel Valley bubbles have won acclaimed awards and more than hold their own when up against fierce competition from across the globe. This vineyard is a wonderful place to visit if you happen to wander from the beach for a day.
- Take a large tote shopper and fill to the brim with wet wipes and a big bottle of fresh water, add in hand sanitizer so you can head to the beach content in the knowledge that sand is no longer a problem. It is also a stylish yet sensible idea to wear a hat. This is a simple solution for small children, fair haired beauties and fair skinned lovelies. As well as sunscreen a sun hat adds protection but also adds that certain “je ne sais quoi” that will set you out as a stylish beach goer.
- Don’t wear nail varnish. *GASP!* Really. If you remove your nail varnish you will give your feet a natural exfoliation and polish and by the end of fun and frolics on the sand your heels will be soft and your nails buffed. Be sure to indulge them with a hydrating moisturizer just before bed and in the morning they will be ten years younger!